Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's had a massive effect on me lately

This week has been kind of crazy.  Last weekend I finished up a rushed playthrough of the original Mass Effect on PC so that I'd have a complete save to transfer over.  I ended up finishing somewhere during the wee hours of Saturday morning, Mass Effect was ejected, and Mass Effect 2 was installed and played for a short bit before I crashed.  Finished my first play-through of that over the course of the week, and Mass Effect 2 is definitely a worthy successor, and deserving of quite a bit of the praise that it's getting.  With Might and Magic on my mind, I also purchased Critter Crunch, by Capybara Games, on PSN and enjoyed that for a few hours.

Finally, I gave the new Aliens vs. Predator demo a spin.  That's a real head-scratcher Rebellion put out.  Multiplayer deathmatch only, and not even team deathmatch.  So as an alien, I'd get the drop on a predator, one-shot them, and then have another alien tail-stab me from behind; it was a disorientating experience.  I pre-ordered it because I'm going to give Rebellion the benefit of the doubt on this, but it should make for some good subject material either way.

My other purchase this week was MAG, the 256-player tactical-shooter MMO hybrid for the PS3 by Zipper Interactive.  The premise to the game seems interesting, as well as the player progression.  As if I didn't have enough other stuff to play!

I'm not sure what I'm going to run with this week.  It'll either be a review for Mass Effect or Borderlands, so let the anticipation begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment