Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No review this week so enjoy a short game-play clip instead!

Well, another week just rolls right on by as I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. Left 4 Dead has been a go-to lately, I finally unlocked my missing unit in Might & Magic, and I'm level 18 in MAG. Additionally, I started playing through Darksiders and Bioshock 2. I have to say that I feel utterly spoiled with the quality of games that have been assaulting my wallet since late October of last year, and there's only more on the horizon. Oh, and I ordered a Hauppauge HD-PVR as well, so I can start capturing stuff from my consoles too, but it's on back-order so I will have to wait.

I really feel bad for neglecting my second, renegade play-through of Mass Effect 2, which I want to finish up before writing a wall of text up on that game. But to be honest, after some technical hiccups, I am absolutely loving Bioshock 2 and really looking forward to seeing how the big daddy resolves Rapture's latest problem. As things stand now, I think I'll take a week off from publishing a review and have a relatively comprehensive MAG one ready for next week. For Bioshock 2, I feel inspired to take a different approach in how I present my thoughts on that game, and hopefully I can come up with a fun surprise.

My usual zombie-killing crew played a custom Left 4 Dead Campaign called "Die Screaming" that was put together really well, except that we broke it at the end. Video of the ensuing antics can be seen below.


It was jokingly suggested that I review all of the custom campaigns we've played, but I think it could be beneficial to note some of the really high-points that I had with quite a number of the maps that were fresh, innovative, and something Valve could stand to learn from. That might be a fun project when I get closer to the bottom of this stack of games next to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment